The arrival of cloud storage services has changed the way people and businesses store their data and communicate with each other.
Now not only can businesses avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, they don’t even need high capacity on site server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
A concept that is often distorted, the cloud is simply a system of offsite servers that people and organizations use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and people buy or rent digital space from them.
An individual may use cloud storage to store their music or photos, rather than storing that information on their personal device. A business might use the cloud to store company documents and data.
The hosting company is responsible for upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in New York?
The way business is conducted has changed since the introduction of cloud storage services. Here are a few benefits of using the cloud to store business information:
- Easy file sharing: a document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted permission
- Scalability: only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Remote access: log in and access information from anywhere
- Increased security: hosting companies work hard to keep all data secure
- Natural disaster protection: servers are regularly backed up
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your NYC Business
If you are looking to initiate cloud storage services for your New York City company, we’ll help you get started. Call us at (646) 706-7087 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find the best cloud storage solution for your digital storage needs.